Adobe has recently announced that they will be making some changes to the deployment methods for customers that license their institution through an Enterprise Term License Agreement (ETLA); to better support the increased integration of cloud services into their desktop applications.
Adobe is moving away from serialized deployment entirely, and by the end of 2019- all ETLA customers will need to deploy their licensing through the Enterprise Admin Console.
Here at ScholarBuys, our team is very experienced in managing Adobe Enterprise agreements for many Higher Education institutions throughout the country. I wanted to take a moment to provide an overview of these upcoming changes, to help you navigate.
Adobe is moving away from serialized deployment entirely, and by the end of 2019- all ETLA customers will need to deploy their licensing through the Enterprise Admin Console. Institutions may continue to utilize serialized deployment in the meantime, however, the newest Creative Cloud version release (Fall 2018) will only be available to Named User deployments. Here is a timeline of these changes:
- Fall 2018
- New Creative Cloud version release
- Only Named User deployments via Admin Console can upgrade
- Serialized deployments can continue, but these will run existing versions (no upgrades)
- Fall 2019
- Adobe will implement methods to deploy to lab/classroom and share devices through Admin Console
- End of 2019
- Adobe will eliminate the ability for serialized development
- Schools will need to run all deployment via Admin Console
With these changes on the horizon, Adobe is encouraging schools to start moving to Named User deployment via the Admin Console. There are currently 3 options to assign licenses to Named Users in the Admin Console (you are not required to sync with your Active Directory and Federate IDs):
- Add one by one
- Bulk upload with .csv format
- User Sync Tool
If you have Expert Services included with your ETLA, you can get additional Onboarding guidance by opening an Expert Session through the Support tab in your Admin Console.