Chromebooks gained popularity several years ago and the use of technology in classrooms continues to grow. Many of the original models have reached their Auto Update Expiration (AUE) and may need to be replaced. If you have devices that have reached AUE in storage, or are ready for a complete Chromebook refresh, ScholarBuys can help you buy back your old devices. Our Buyback program can help you earn money for outdated or unused technology!
How does the Buyback process work?
The process is simple! Let us know the model and quantity of the Chromebooks you have, and we will send you a quote for how much they are worth. If you choose to have them purchased, you get a shipping label, pack them up and send them in. Then, all data is wiped from the devices. As long as they still power on and have a non-cracked display, you will receive the quoted credit for the device. All quotes are valid for 30 days. Once all devices are processed you will receive a check in the mail for your earnings!
What does it mean for a Chromebook to reach Auto Update Expiration?
- When a device reaches Auto Update Expiration, it means that the model will no longer receive automatic software updates from Google
- The device will be considered obsolete, meaning you may be unable to purchase more of the same model and the device is no longer being produced
- Education customers that have passed the Auto Update Expiration will no longer receive full support from the Google Cloud and Google for Education teams
- Education customers may also find that they are unable to manage devices as expected through the Google Admin console
- In order to ensure that Chromebooks are secure and student data is kept safe, Chromebooks that reach their Auto Update Expiration should be replaced
Popular Chromebooks that have reached AUE or will be soon:
- HP Chromebook 11 G5
- HP Chromebook 11 G6
- Lenovo Chromebook N22
- Lenovo Chromebook N23
- Lenovo Chromebook 100e (Generation 1)
- Samsung Chromebook Series 3
ScholarBuys vs. the Competition
We will buy back Chromebooks and other technology! We purchase any device even if it has not reached AUE. We accept Chromebooks, laptops, tablets, and phones that have an intact screen and still power on. At ScholarBuys, we work exclusively with Education and know that every dollar counts when it comes to school budgeting. Let our Buyback program work for you when it comes to refreshing devices in your school or district.
ScholarBuys also offers a technology financing programs. This can help provide additional purchasing power for educational technology. Our leasing options can stretch your budget and allow for more frequent device refreshing. You have the ability to lease your entire technology purchase including the devices, software licensing, warranty, and carts. At the end of your lease you have the option to purchase devices outright at fair-market value or return them to facilitate the next device refresh.
When purchasing new devices, utilize the ScholarBuys White Glove service it removes some of the burden from internal IT staff, who may also be fulfilling other roles within the organization. Chromebooks will be ready for deployment upon delivery which means you can have them into the hands of students and utilized for learning sooner than ever before.
We are committed exclusively to the education market. Let us leverage our experience to find the right solutions for your school.