Microsoft Copilot combines the power of large language models (LLMs) with your data in the Microsoft Graph and the Microsoft 365 apps to turn your words into the most powerful productivity tool on the planet.
In November, Microsoft made Copilot for Microsoft 365 available for Education customers, however, there was a 300-seat minimum. The 300-seat requirement has been removed, and colleges and universities may now purchase Copilot in any quantity (up to the total number of qualifying pre-req base licenses). **Please note – though the minimums have been removed, Microsoft has advised that deploying small quantities may not provide best experience. The AI learns from its environment, so the more content it has, the better it performs.
- Pricing of Copilot for M365 – $372 per user, per year
- Copilot for M365 License Prerequisite – Each user must be licensed for M365 A5, M365 A3, Office 365 A5, or Office 365 A3
- Licensing of Copilot Studio – Users do not need to be licensed to use bots built in Copilot Studio. Copilot Studio licensing is enabled at a tenant level. Here is a link to the public demo: Copilot Studio Demo
- Copilot Studio Entitlements in Copilot M365 – When you license users for Copilot for M365 you receive entitlements to build chat bots in Teams using Copilot Studio for those users.
- Copilot for M365 for Education – Expanding Microsoft Copilot access in education
- Copilot for M365 allows education institutions to provide personal AI assistants to your faculty and staff and combines the power of large language models (LLMs) with your data in the Microsoft Graph and Microsoft 365 apps to help your users solve complex problems, enhance creativity, and boost productivity.
- Today your faculty and staff have Microsoft Copilot with commercial data protection (formerly Bing Chat Enterprise). Beginning in early February 2024, higher education institutions will also have the ability to provide Microsoft Copilot to all students ages 18 and above with the same commercial data protection when signed in with their work or school account. Copilot provides AI chat for the web with access to models like GPT-4 and DALL-E 3 at no additional cost and prevents leaking confidential information, whereas using AI tools on the web may expose private data to the public.
- Microsoft has prepared a WorkLab report on how AI will create a brighter future of work for everyone with AI.